Smoking and the use of tobacco has been a trending topic on almost every social media platform. It is not an unknown fact that smoking and the use of tobacco has many negative results.
Smoking and the use of tobacco is the main reason for cancer and many other cancer related diseases. Tobacco smoke contains more than 7,000 chemicals. About 70 of them are known to cause cancer. Smoking cigarettes is the number-one risk factor for lung cancer. But, smoking can affect your entire body, and is known to cause cancer in; Lungs, Trachea, Bronchus, Lip, Stomach, Kidney. In addition, Smoking also makes it harder for people with diabetes to regulate their blood sugar. That’s why smokers with diabetes have a higher risk of kidney disease, peripheral arterial disease, eye disease, and nerve damage that can result in amputations, poor vision and even blindness. Exposure to tobacco smoke quickly damages blood vessels throughout the body and makes blood more likely to clot. The chemicals in tobacco smoke damage the delicate lining of the lungs and can cause permanent damage that reduces the ability of the lungs to exchange air efficiently.
Latest results have that smoking and the use of tobacco could decrease bone density. This could result in fractures and other bone related diseases.
Giving on this deadly habit may not be an easy task, here are some simple ways which would help you quit smoking:
- Make a list of things which would keep you occupied. Include a number of things which you prefer to do during your leisure time and include a number of places which you wish to travel. This would keep you motivated
- Get your daily exercises, a daily morning walk would help you to stay focused too.
- Throw out anything that would distract you from your main aim and tempt you to smoke
- Collect the money spent on tobacco in a separate jar. Each month count the amount you have saved and reward yourself with something useful
- Be confident and proud of yourself for quitting such a deadly habit