Rainy season surely has its charms but when it comes to water-borne diseases it is important to protect yourself and your loved ones. Here are some useful tips to stay healthy during the rainy season.
- Drink boiled water: It is important to hydrated during this rainy season. Drink boiled water or purified water to keep yourself hydrated and refreshed during the rainy season.
- Wash your hands: Bacteria and viruses come alive during the rainy season and it is important to keep your hands clean. Wash your hands as frequently as you can.
- Use mosquito nets and repellent: Malaria is the most common disease during the rainy season. Hence it is important to use a mosquito net or a mosquito repellent to keep yourself and your family safe. It is important to get rid of breeding spots for mosquitoes such as garden spots, old containers and other items that retain water.
- Avoid walking in dirty water: Try avoid walking in dirty puddles during this rainy season as it could contain infection causing bacteria and viruses.
- Avoid wet walls: Avoid leaning against and touch wet walls as they are a breeding ground for fungus which could cause asthma.
- Eat healthy food: Avoid uncooked food and street food. It is advisable to stick to a healthy diet with vegetables and fruits to keep yourself healthy.